Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Enjoying God's Presence

I'm reading Beth Moore's book "Breaking Free" and so many truths have been impacting my heart so deeply. Today's read was all about experiencing the presence of the Lord and I couldn't have read these words at a better time. I know I'm not the only one who needs to hear these words so I thought I would pass them on to you.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (ISA. 43: 2– 3)

I doubt any believer feels God's wonderful presence every second of every day. Sometimes we’re challenged to believe He's with us simply because He promised (Heb. 13: 5). That's faith. God's Word often tells us not to fear, yet not all of our fears are unfounded. Think about it. Our present society poses many real threats. Did you notice Isaiah 43: 2 said, “When you pass through the waters”? God is not suggesting that difficult things don’t happen to His children. If nothing frightening will happen to us, how could the assurance of God's constant presence still be the quieter of our fears? Psalm 139: 7– 12 assures us that God's presence is with us always. “Even the darkness will not be dark” to our God (v. 12). Hebrews 13: 5 assures us: “Never will I leave you; / never will I forsake you.” We cannot escape God's presence, but we do not always sense His presence. God's presence in our lives is absolutely unchanging, but the evidence of His presence is not. On some occasions God may purposely alter the evidences of His presence to bring the most benefit from our experience. Sometimes we receive the most benefit from seeing many visible “prints” of His invisible hands during a difficult season. Other times we profit most from seeing fewer evidences. God does not love us less when He gives us fewer evidences. He simply desires to grow us up and teach us to walk by faith.

As I sat silently watching this incredible sunset tonight. I couldn't deny the presence of the Lord.








No comments:

Post a Comment