Sunday, January 19, 2014

Because the little things are the big things

I've been hesitant to make any of my New Year's resolutions public this year because I never end up following up with them and then I just feel guilty. I'm a very inconsistent person so sticking to commitments is not my forte. But this year one of my resolutions was to take more pictures of every day life. The things we do day-in and day-out each week don't always seem worth capturing but I know I will look back on these years and wish I had made a point to capture it better. I've always loved this quote by Robert Brault:

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Today's little things included a long walk to the beach, sneaking in to a resort so we could see a gorgeous view, Erick teaching me how to skip rocks, getting hyped up on way too much caffeine and seeing pods of dolphins pass by. This year we will enjoy the sweet simplicity of the little things and hopefully capture some of them as we experience them.























No comments:

Post a Comment