Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Do what you love

College is finally over and I can definitely breath a huge sigh of relief as I close the door to a somewhat daunting chapter of my life. I doubt that I will ever miss those countless all-nighters, painful cram sessions, $350 parking passes and many long commutes to and from class. Yet as relieved as I am to check that life goal off of my list, the next chapter of my life is just as intimidating as the last. 

Now comes the uncertainty of it all. 

No more spoonfed education and no more professors hounding you to present your best work.. Essentially, no more accountability. I'm on my own now and this great big world is full of endless opportunities. I'm equal parts ecstatic and equal parts terrified. It's a crazy feeling to have this much freedom and yet not know what to do with it. Where do you begin? Always drawn to the beauty of  the entrepreneurial lifestyle, I have no desire to work for a major corporation. Instead, I want to create something from the ground up and to be able to make it my own. 

Everyone's always telling you, "Do what you love" but its hard to pick when there are so many things that pull on your heart strings. Graphic design, interior design, wedding photography, commercial photography, missions, teaching, sales, working with students, creating art, styling, making handmade goods, performing... I have so many different passions which I'm sure is a good problem to have but it makes deciding a path a tricky place to be..

Yet at the end of the day I really don't care what it is that I end up doing as long as It is something that I truly love and I am doing it with love. It really does seem like work sometimes trying to ensure that you are doing the things that you truly love. I wish I knew why it is that way.

This year I am pledging to live a passion infused life. To fight to find meaning and to challenge myself to spiritual, mental and physical growth. I want to end each day assured that my passions were not ignored or suppressed buy exposed and used for the glory of God. I don't want to compartmentalize love into its own limited part of my life but I want to include it in all I do. To do what I love and love those that I encounter with a Christ-like love every single day... Ya feel me?


Image by A pair and a Spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment