Thursday, April 10, 2014

Things that matter

About two years ago my husband and I moved to a little apartment a block from the beach. The first year and a half of our marriage I was finishing college and the close proximity to the ocean was absolute torture. Having something so beautiful just outside your door but never having the time to enjoy it drove me crazy. A few times I tried to take my books down to the ocean to study but it never ended well.  I would get distracted by a squirrel eating potato chips or start people watching and before I knew it an hour had past and no homework had gotten done. So now that I'm done with school we take every excuse to get down to the sand. This past week Amber and Marley came over. What started as a "day of editing" quickly transitioned to an afternoon exploring at the beach. I never regret these decisions because I have realized how precious these moments are and I've promised to myself that I will never take them for granted. Because in the big scheme of things, is there really anything more important than building a fort for your goddaughter while the sun sets?













No comments:

Post a Comment